Mother and Child

Mother and Child
Painting by Pablo Picasso

Thursday, December 2, 2010

This is the Blog of Prospective Adopters - Really look at it

Tuesday, October 12, 2010About Us:



The journey to find the right parents for your baby is a courageous one. We are humbled that you may be considering us.

We've created this site to help you to get to know us. We hope to get to know you as well and to learn about your dreams for the future.

We're Best Friends

We love nature. We go hiking and camping around California.

We want to share the beauty of this earth with our child.

Camping in Yosemite

We love rollerskating

We have the same sparkle now that we had when we first met.

We support each other.

We cherish each other every day.

On the beach in Malibu

We laugh together.

We volunteer together.

We met in an acting class in 1997 and fell in love.

We've been a happy couple ever since.

We got married in 2004.

We appreciate each other so much.

Click on the red links at the top of the page on the right to find out more about us.

cathrynbrent@gmail.com

At home

Posted by Cathryn and Brent at 10:29 PM Email This BlogThis! Share to Twitter Share to Facebook Share to Google Buzz 12 comments:

sheila said...

The two of you would make such wonderful parents! You are both selfless, loving, supportive, fun, and full of life! I love you both and wish you the best with your future family! Love,Sheila.

November 10, 2010 4:04 PM

Jody said...

I read through your website and it made me want to be a part of your family!!!

When I first heard you were looking to adopt I was so happy. I was ecstatic to think of the lucky child who would land in your arms and grow in your home, amidst the light that you emit as individuals and a couple. And you can not even imagine the joy that your child will bring to you. It's miraculous! Congratulations! xo Jody

November 14, 2010 7:32 PM

Mary Beth said...

Every child deserves a home as loving as yours! We can't wait to witness your beautiful family grow! XOXO, Mary Beth

November 14, 2010 8:59 PM

Kate VanD said...

You two have been opening your home and your hearts to others for so many years...I know so many people who have been touched by your compassion, generosity and kindness (myself included!) It seems only natural to welcome a child into your lives. May the joy you've given so many others be returned to you in spades!

Love, Kate VanD

November 14, 2010 9:29 PM

Christine said...

Cathryn & Brent - what you see is what you get!

We love you both - you are Super-Real and

Down-to-Earth! Rock-Solid! Any child would be amazingly fortunate to have you as parents! Wow! Big Wow! You have the most Beautiful Hearts!

Christine Fisher and Kile Fisher

November 15, 2010 12:50 PM

Patricia Cregan Navarra said...

You are the personification of Spring, all love and hope and optimism. Can't wait until your lucky baby finds their way to you. God bless. xoxo

November 16, 2010 8:19 PM

LaTonia Colas said...

I am so excited for you both! A child is such a precious gift. You two are so amazing together and you deserve to be parents to a child who needs your love. Your baby will be so blessed to have you as parents. I will keep you in my prayers. xoxo

November 18, 2010 6:27 PM

Toni Oswald said...

I became so filled with happiness just looking at your site here and thinking about how amazing it would be to be raised by the two of you. You both are two of the most generous, kind, loving and supportive people I have ever know. I wish you all the best in your search and I know you will create a joyous family who believes, cherishes, loves and supports one another. I can't wait to watch your journey unfold.

November 20, 2010 10:43 AM

amnus said...

your live is colorfull...I like see

December 1, 2010 7:24 PM

mAdwords said...

So cute....I like see too.

December 2, 2010 4:02 AM

Lori said...

Nice - one question - why did you wait until you could not have children of your own to marry and start a family? Not that I think you did this, but it sure looks like it.

December 2, 2010 8:05 AM

MrsL said...

I am an adoptee and although you seem like a nice couple, so did my a-rents; lets say once the doors closed it wasn't so pretty. I'm not saying that you would be abusive toward the child in any way so please don't take it that way. My question is, why adoption? Have you tried ALL of the resources to conceive your own child? Also I was not too fond of your statement saying that you would love "YOUR" child because well lets face it, the child is not yours. Yes you will care for it, but you did not carry the child and nurse it. Adoption is a hard decision for the biological mother to make. Would you allow the mother to have contact with the child? Would you talk to the child about his/her mother and explain why he/she was adopted? I will be honest, but to me it seems like you want to have the "perfect" family with the child and the picket white fence and the puppy. Like my mom Lori(biological mom and only mom regardless of the adoption) stated why did you wait so long to start a family? There are so many kids out there in the foster system that need parents yet you seem to want a baby, why is that? Would you consider adopting a preteen or even a teen? Are you willing to tell the child that he/she is adopted and go through the "you're not my mother" phase? The hate and anger that will most likely follow? Maybe not towards you but the biological mother. Why create a web page for adoption when there are plenty of foster homes that have "unwanted" and misunderstood children?

December 2, 2010 9:50 AM


*NOW - THINK ABOUT THIS - THERE WERE WONDERFUL PICTURES AND SMILING FACES...AND THESE PEOPLE ARE IN THEIR 30s - PAST THE POINT WHERE THEY COULD HAVE EASILY HAD CHILDREN....THEIR CAREERS CAME FIRST.  THEY HAVE LINKS ON THEIR PARENTING STYLE - EXCUSE ME?  HOW DO THEY KNOW?  THEY HAVE NEVER PARENTED.

THEIR STATEMENTS WERE ABOUT THEM, THEIR CHILD - BUT THE FACT IS THEY DON'T HAVE A CHILD AND BECAUSE OF THIS THEY WANT SOMEONE ELSE'S CHILD....MAYBE IF THEY HAD NOT BEEN SO BUSY CAMPING AND ACTING AND SWIMMING AT MALIBU, THEY MIGHT HAVE HAD THEIR OWN CHILDREN - RATHER THAN STEALING ANOTHER WOMAN'S CHILD!
GIVE ME YOUR CHILD! - the link to the blog that these adopters have put up!

2 comments:

  1. I literally laughed out loud, because I was thinking “this couple is going to be too busy making out with each other to be bothered with taking care of kids!!!!!!!”

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading this I can't even look at their blog. It seriously makes me want to throw up just what was posted here. What makes one person a better parent, age, money, marital status? I think not. i have seem plenty of woman single parent and do it better than most married couples.

    I do know amazing people that want to adopt, but I am not sending any woman under the bus so they could raise her baby as their own.

    I will never hand out a pass along card for adoption. Why help people buy a child? I would try my best to help any woman raise her own child but NEVER try to influence anyone to be just a "birth" (I hate that word) mother.

    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete

There will be no foul language or combative comments. This is an educational blog and while comments are appreciated, biased, opinionated or unkind statements will not be tolerated.